Events, topics, and communications of interest to chapter members and facility managers
2008 IFMA Award of Excellence for Membership Marketing
2006 IFMA Award of Excellence in Web Communication
Would you like to be a part of Delaware’s Historic and Premier Performing Arts Venues? Are you passionate about preserving and taking care of facilities? Do you have strong skills in HVAC, plumbing, electrical and carpentry? Are you a self-
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
The Grand Opera House and The Playhouse on Rodney Square are looking for a Facilities Manager to become part of our family.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as PTO and Holidays.
Position Description: The Facilities Manager provides facilities management for multiple venues and properties, including oversight for maintenance, emergency and safety management, space planning, and event set-
• Routine inspections to determine repair, maintenance and replacement needs
• Performing repairs and/or maintenance as appropriate
• Managing custodial staff, general contractors, subcontractors, and other service vendors
• Enforcing safety, “green” and other facilities policies
The position is Full-
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum of High School Diploma
• Education, experience or training in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and management required. BAS knowledge a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years’ facilities management experience
• Must have computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and general experience with computer systems
• Must have experience with building codes, permits, and life safety codes
• Able to demonstrate good interpersonal relations, computer, communication, and leadership skills
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in a variety of environments: office, interior operational settings, and outdoors, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required. Incumbents may be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Incumbent may be exposed to extreme temperatures, close quarter situations, high and precarious places, moving mechanical parts, and vibrations. Incumbents are frequently required to travel between venues and properties.
The Facilities Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
• Please submit a cover letter and resume as one document.
• Please send required information to email@example.com
• You will be contacted if an interview is considered appropriate.
• Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year; Due to the volume of applications and resumes received, we are unable to acknowledge each that is received.
• All candidates must provide a minimum of two professional supervisory references including reference’s contact information.
• Applicants must be willing to complete a Criminal Background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Dover, Delaware, USA
Job Description Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities organization at a specific facility, set of buildings, or campus environment. The Facility Manager is charged with the day-
Job Description Responsibilities
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat?ive? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit Our Sponsor Pages
Sustaining Platinum Partners